Delta Kappa Gamma International Society
- To unite women educators of the world in a genuine spiritual fellowship
- To honor women who have given or who evidence a potential for distinctive service in any field of education
- To advance the professional interest and position of women in education
- To initiate, endorse and support desirable legislation or other suitable endeavors in the interests of education and of women educators
- To endow scholarships to aid outstanding women educators in pursuing graduate study and to grant fellowships to non-member women educators
- To stimulate the personal and professional growth of members and to encourage their participation in appropriate programs of action
- To inform the members of current economic, social, political and educational issues so that they may participate effectively in a world society
The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International promotes professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education
What is Delta Kappa Gamma?
DKG was founded to fill the needs of female educators. Dr. Annie Webb Blanton dreamed of, and planned, for an organizationin which woman teachers could support one another and recognize themselves as leaders in their chosen profession. She, and eleven other women educators, representing different disciplines and under assumed names for fear of losing their jobs, founded the Society in May, 1929.
Today DKG is an international organization with 2,600 chapters in seventy-nine state organizations in seventeen countries.
Leading Women Educators Impacting Education Worldwide
The Alpha Zeta Chapter of NY State is located in beautiful Dutchess County, NY. We are a group of women educators commited to promoting international projects, supporting early-career educators, and encouraging programs and projects that promote educational excellence worldwide.